John has spoken extensively in Canada and the USA on EIFS, air moisture barriers, and building science. He has appeared in his “Dry as a bone” Australian rain coat, hat and Wellingtons to demonstrate that everything he learned about staying dry he learned in Kindergarten. Party balloons and straws have become effective tools in demonstrating some of the most fundamental aspects of building science and construction performance.
John is passionate about EIFS, detailing and long term performance of the built environment.
John has presented to many groups including:
- AIA Annual Convention
- Architectural Record’s Innovation Conference
- Construction Specifications Canada (CSC) and Construction Specifications Institute (CSI)
- Institute of Roofing, Waterproofing, and Building Envelope Professionals (RCI)
- Construct Canada
- Building Enclosure Councils across the USA
- Building Envelope Councils across Canada
- BEST Conference
- Canadian Conference on Building Science and Technology
- EIFS Quality Assurance Program education seminars for installers