About John Edgar
- Graduated Ryerson Polytechnical Institute [now Ryerson University], Architectural Technology, Building Science.
During the past 35+ years
- Tested EIFS details with a DC3 plane engine (the details worked),
- First (and probably only) person to build a two storey inside-out building as an EIFS durability test chamber,
- Obtained a patent, with Paul Wesley, for pressure-equalized rain screen EIFS,
- Prepared hundreds of isometric illustrations showing how EIFS is assembled and integrated with other cladding elements.
Been involved in codes and standards
- Chair of the ULC S716 Task Group preparing EIFS standards for Canadian code
- Member (1990 – 2003), NBCC Standing Committee Environmental Separation (Part 5)
- Member ASTM and ANSI EIFS standard development committees
- Chair of the EIFS Council of Canada (ECC)
- Chair of the ECC Technical Committee.
- Member of the Ontario Building Envelope Council, Construction Specifications Canada, and the EIFS Industry Members Association (EIMA).
- Convener, ISO EIFS Task Group (TC 163 SC03 WG 09) – international standard development.